Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Pt 2

Enough posts about cars, right? For Memorial Day weekend my parents picked me up (due to a certain... machine with four wheels) and we went north to my Aunt and Uncle's house near Tomahawk, WI. I decided to haul my SS mountain bike along, and I wanted to get some use out of it. I did pretty well, and as a wonderful bonus, I was moving too quickly for most ticks to hitch a ride. The dogs did not fare so well:

Wood Ticks and Deer Ticks

Heck yeah that's gross. All of those are from one dog.

The first day, I headed out into this for a quick ride on the trails across the creek.

View from the Sun Room

Very pretty back there.

Trails on the back 40

Trilliums

Pleased with myself for striking out.

Creek Time

Saturday's ride consisted of biking over to Shannon and Darwin's land, which was a quick 45 minute ride away.

Just riding along with my swooshy bangs.

We had a good time on their land this weekend, playing football and badminton, kayaking and canoeing, and cooking over the fire- potatoes, venison hotdogs, Boca burgers, freshly picked asparagus and corn on the cob.

Campfire

On the way back, there was a lovely sky.

Sunlight

The third and final day up there, I decided to see what all this talk about Irma Hill was about. It's the third highest point in Wisconsin, and has got a long, slow hill leading up to it. It wasn't one of the hardest things I've ever done, but it wasn't easy on knobbies and one gear.

Irma Hill

Other activities:

Dinner of pheasant stir fry.

Dinner of 'Pheasant, Chinese Style'

Mexican Train until midnight. I took a page from my dad and quit before I could lose.

Mexican Train

Gardening. (I weeded for a while, then skipped out for a ride :) )

Andy

Designing and constructing an outhouse.

Dad and Paul

The consuming of venison bacon and eggs.

Venison Bacon and Eggs

Good stuff.

1 comment:

Dano said...

Im up a lot in the St Germaine\Minocqua area. One of my fav things to do is grab the MTB and ramble on snowmobile trails solo. Found myself lost near Tomahawk once. (Nice sentence!)
I love it up there.