Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Don't Fight It

I was crouched down by Snips with a petite notebook in my hand, and he snagged it and began biting it all over. I was going to get some evidence of what a naughty animal he was, but wound up with this instead.

Noteworthy

And speaking of naughty pets that we love anyway, I picked the car up at the shop today. I got two knowledgeable outside opinions and took someone to listen to the shop's explanation, and the consensus was that I was just unlucky and that the shop was not to blame. Fair's fair. I don't like to be a mistrusting person, but I'm not the kind of person who can blindly believe in the best, either, so I'm pretty happy with the outcome; I didn't trust the shop, I dutifully checked out all the angles, and it turns out (in all likelihood) that the shop is one of the good guys. I still had a bill, but it was minus some of the parts, the labor and the tow. OK. And I've got to admit, I felt a little giddy when I took off down the road in my newly fixed car. I can't help but like driving it, even if it does misbehave sometimes.

No comments: