Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bike to Work Week

...or as I like to call it, Drive Your Bike to Work Week. I took an excellent photo to illustrate this, as well as show off two of the most expensive things I own; a 5 year old car and an aging Christmas colored carbon road bike. Jealous much? Mhm, I thought so.

Drive Your Bike to Work Week

I loaded my bike in my car and planned on riding home if the rain held off. Not only did the rain hold off, the weather was Perfect. One of my coworkers, John, showed me a new way back downtown- it's shorter and goes through a few parks and trail systems, instead of 20 miles long and all roads (the Lakefront route). I think I'll be using it quite a bit this summer, especially if I want a low stress jaunt rather than a workout.

Biking Home

Getting one Spring in Asheville and then another in Milwaukee, I think that's the way to do it. Recently I've had that song from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in my head:

In springtime
The only pretty ring time
Birds sing
Hey ding, a-ding a-ding
Sweet lovers love*


*Sweet lover not pictured

Biking Home

And now I'd better head to bed, because I have to get up early to ride in. (Having no choice but to bike in is the only way to get myself up before 7am.)

No comments: