Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Garage Sale Season

I love garage sales. It's the thrill of the hunt and all. I've stayed away from them because I'm trying to pare down my things, not add to the clutter. I recently sold an overhead projector on Craigslist for $30, and was feeling great about the little extra cash and the newly won space in the apartment. So what do I do? Get sucked into the first garage sale I see. I was leaving a Walgreens parking lot when I drove past a garage sale. I saw three chairs in the driveway and made a hasty Y turn to get back at them.

They were beautiful. They were not in bad shape. I had to have them. All three of them.

Please forgive the fuzzy photos, but I was probably still shaking from the adrenaline rush of buying all three for $15.

$5 Garage Sale Find

I suspect you were made for each other, chair and purse.

$5 Garage Sale Find

One is ripped and stained and would probably have to be repaired or re-done someday, but the leather and chrome are in great condition on the other two. I found their cream and black counterparts (same stitching and hardware) on Room and Board for $400 apiece. I win!

1 comment:

Dano said...

You are winning!
Both you and Charlie Sheen.