Friday, June 10, 2011

Garden

Getting started a little late on a garden this year, but hey! I'm getting started, anyway. A cycling friend of mine offered me some space in his garden, if I wanted it. The only thing standing between me and garden space of my own was weeds. Lots of weeds.

Garden + The Weed Back Forty

Here's the latest- four rows (onions, lettuce, carrots and peas) and a lot more dirt to be turned over. I'll chip away a little more each night I go, which will probably be a few times a week. I don't mind the slow progress, and in fact it reminds me of my old place at Homer St with the rag tag flower beds. They weren't anything to write home about, but I really liked tucking things in here and there and watching them grow. That's good enough for me.

As a note: My laptop refuses to turn on (gr-reat) so I'll be blogging a little less until I can get the old girl up and running again. I hope all three of you will wait for my return.