Thursday, April 25, 2013

Italy, the Early Days

Well, I'm back from Italy. I visited a friend living in Punta Ala, in Tuscany. A friend with a cabin by the beach. Who knew all the good places to eat. Who took me around to medieval villages to look at ruins and do other adult vacation things that I would have found incredibly boring as a kid. It wasn't a bad life for about a week there.

It's hard to know where to start... I suppose at the beginning, eh? We'll warm up with the first few days, which were spent relaxing and were generally pretty unexciting in a good way. On the first day there I took a walk down the road and found a little orchard (or at least, what I assume was an orchard).

P4160028

I sat down and did my nails, because I could, and because I'm fancy like that.

P4160037

Then I picked some flowers, because I was wearing a sundress, and when you're in a sundress in an orchard, it's necessary to pick pick flowers.

P4160038

The first few days I also spent a lot of time on the beach slathered in sunscreen, being happy and warm.

P4170090

Ok, so this afternoon it got a little chilly in the wind, but I toughed it out in the name of Vacation.

P4170089

Other days I did a little swimming, though. The beach dropped off gradually and the sea was pretty tame most days.

P4170078

Matt and I spent a few nights watching the sunset over the water. Unfortunately, the mosquitos were also lined up for the show. Here Matt's burying his legs in the sand to avoid getting eaten alive.

P4170062

Still, mosquitos were a small price to pay to be out there.

P4170059

IMG_0748

P4170069

Next up, maybe some medieval villages, or the necropolis we visited. Excitement abounds!

No comments: