Saturday, January 12, 2013

Koi Pond and First Impressions

Just so you know, I didn't fall into a koi pond. That's not where this is going. I don't want to mislead anyone.

Today's vendor visit started out in a fun way. Ron and Lauren said to me, "Hey, you've got to check out this koi pond the owner's grandfather maintains over here just off of the parking lot." Sure enough, it was really beautiful, nicely cared for, and the fish were rioting because they thought they were getting fed.

P1110089

P1110113

P1110092

Well, I decided to take an underwater picture, because the camera I got for this trip is a waterproof 'tough' camera. (The camera doesn't get destroyed or dropped to the bottom of the pond in this story. Quit hoping for the worst!)

See, here's the video, and nothing bad happens.

 

 As I'm on my hands and knees on the wet ground, one hand stuck in this clearly beloved pond, one ankle being held for stability by Ben, one of the guys from our Taiwan office, the vendors come outside to greet us. I look up and over my shoulder, having just finished shooting my masterpiece. (Alas, how great would it be to have gotten a picture of this scene?) I clumsily get up from the ground, brush off my dirty knees, stuff my camera in my pocket and go to shake their hands, only to remember that my hands are completely wet and covered in bits of grass and dirt.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you make a great first impression.

No comments: