Monday, August 8, 2011

Gravel Grinder 1

This weekend myself and two other friends, Kate and Janelle, rode from Waukesha to Madison. We took some roads and crushed some limestone. If you're familiar with my oddities, you'll know I like to take pictures of road kill (that meet certain standards) while on road rides. This particular Saturday, I was scanning the side of the road as usual when I spotted something interesting. I yelled for the ladies to stop and doubled back around. It was a wallet! I was excited. I had never found a wallet.

To answer your first question: No, there wasn't any money in it. A quick scan of the driver's license revealed that the young man (20yrs, 150lbs) lived only a few miles away! I talked Kate and Janelle into dropping off the wallet at his house. It went something like this:

Me: "Let's drop it off at his house!"
Kate: "Hahaha"
Kate: "Wait... really?"
Me: "Yeah!! This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!"
Kate: "What if he turns out to be a creep?"
Me: "He's 20 years old! And he's only 150 lbs."

So, after a little confusion we found his house, and... nobody was home! We took this stalker-esque photo with his dog, left the wallet on the seat of the car (the windows were open), and went on our merry way.

P1020241

Mr. Miller, you owe me one!

I tried to find the guy on facebook, to no avail. Thanks to his license, though, I know where to send a card! :)

1 comment:

K8 said...

You forgot about the sexy cheesburger brothers we met along the way