Saturday, January 3, 2009

Allez Pot Rack

Last night (Friday, that is) we wracked our brains for somewhere to go or something to see. We had a whole weekend at our disposal- something that we rarely had in the summer. In the summer, there would have been a plethora of things to choose from. Kayak trip, camping? Maybe a bike tour back to Mineral Point or a ride down to Chicago.

But the terrible thing is, it's winter. After hanging out outside for the polar plunge, I had had it. Cold? No thanks. When you get down to it, there aren't a lot of places to go or things to do (or, that we could think of, and on the cheap) in the winter around Milwaukee. If you have any ideas, do let us know.

So brainstorming turned from where to go to projects to do around the house. I've had a Specialized frame for a while, just waiting to be made into something. I picked it up from the garbage in the E.R. at SRAM- it's got a cracked head tube and therefore useless in any bike related application. I had always envisioned cutting it up and using the pieces for something, but cramming all of the pots and pans into their cabinet yesterday gave me a good idea.

We went to the hardware store and picked up the hardware for the project. Did you know, little bits of metal can be pretty expensive? Yuck. Anyhow, we got home and that's the last I had to do with it. I came up with the idea and got someone else to do the labor- is this the life or what? I worked on a mural of sorts (pictures when it's done) while Cale assembled our very own Specialized pot rack, the Allez model.


Well, that's about all I can blog about a pot rack, so good night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What were you painting on the window tonight?

Snacks said...

Haha, creeper! I'm faking stained glass with acrylic paints. We'll see how it turns out in the end.