Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I guess not...

In my last post, I implied that there must be something in the West coast water: now I learned there have been THREE DEATHS in the Racine/Kenosha Area (within an hour of Milwaukee). Below is a link to an article about a very recent one involving two experienced tourers this weekend. The most terrible thing is that Cale figured out that we may have crossed paths with these guys that day. On our way to the East side, we passed two tourers going the other way (South) on the Third Ward Bridge. One of them saw us looking over at them (checking out their gear) and grinned and waved. Maybe it wasn't them, but it's just the fact that they probably were that friendly and all...

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/27069154.html

I think I'm going to write a letter to the editor of the Bayview Compass, or maybe JS Online, begging drivers to be safer/nicer. It is just absolutely terrible that these things are happening.

No comments: