Friday, December 12, 2008

Thanksgiving

First off, I'm working on the new Manitou decals, and if you'd like to have a look and go vote on which ones you like, go on ahead here: http://tinyurl.com/632avr

Second, I missed writing a Thanksgiving post, and I am thankful for a lot of things. Well, I think you could say I'm thankful for just about my whole life. I realize I've got it pretty good. But lists are easier, so (in no particular order):

• My cat, Snips. I know it's pretty foolish to be thankful for a creature that poops in a box in your house, but he makes me laugh regularly and it's nice to have a buddy to hang out with during the day. He made the new apartment feel more like a home.

• My Weapon of Mass Affection, Cale. He puts up with me really well, and it's nice to have a partner in crime to race and hang out with.

• My health. This summer while over at a relative's house, I was complaining about getting lost on the way there and having to bike two or three extra miles. The thing is, this relative needs a walker to get around, and he said something to the effect of 'I wish I had that problem' without bitterness. It reminded me to not be such a twit, and to be very thankful that I can get around so damn well. So I'm thankful for my health, fitness, mobility, etc.

• My job as freelance graphic designer to Hayes. It may come to pass that the job becomes full-time, but either way, I'm glad to have work that interests me and that I enjoy. It's been great to have a job in the bike industry, and it's hard to envision working for an ad agency or, well, I don't even know what those other poor suckers have to do. But they don't work in the bike industry, and that's too bad for them.

• My parents. What can I say, they did their best and raised me right and supported my decision to go to art school, even though I think they had their doubts.

• My friends. I've got a few choice friends, and they're pretty good people. They really are. 'Nuf said.

I could go on, but those are the bones of my awesome life. I'm very thankful for what I have :)

No comments: