Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas...

Can I just say, I'm looking forward to Christmas? Every year the whole paternal side of my family gets together 'up north' in Tomahawk, WI. This year will be different, though- a few of my aunts, uncles and cousins, maybe even my parents, won't be coming. At first I was bummed that it wouldn't be like Christmas holidays past, but I'm looking at it a different way now. It will still be some great time in the outdoors, and Cale and I can rent some skis and ski in some really beautiful woods. I'll probably still have fun doing some artwork with my Aunt, too. So, less holiday party, more holiday retreat. Not a bad trade-off.

Now then, don't mind if I do a little reminiscing. I can't seem to bear to close a blog post without sprinkling it liberally with photos. This is the view from my Aunt and Uncle's sun room. You can see deer off in the field, and last year we spotted a porcupine in a tree.



My uncle Paul. He's got the northwoods accent, too :)



Caramel at the creek:



Who wouldn't look forward to this?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Beautiful! I'm going to counter these, however, with some tropical Christmas photos. Still, you get to have more outdoor fun/sports. Still, I get to feel my toes all the time.