Friday, October 15, 2010

Halloween Costume, #2

Today's photo, a photo of Abbie, my best friend growing up, and I out on the town. Apparently I didn't find it all that important to tuck my hair up under the wig. And that blue fabric draped around my neck? It was shiny and pretty, darnit! So what if it didn't go with the costume.

102_halloween

Last night I tried my hand at making paper mache goo out of water and flour, the easiest and cheapest option. It goes like this: 5 parts water, 1 part flour, boil for 3 minutes. Let me tell you, it works great. I'll have to have a look at the projects once they dry, but they look pretty good to me.

Looks comical, works quite well, thank you.
Uh, that's paper mache paste, alright?

I projected a hound using a tiny projector, cut it out, built up a low relief for it, then pasted away.
IMG_8234

A wild Thursday evening.

Hound

IMG_8235

Jeremy's working on a big head- he's not sure what it's going to look like yet, so he just put down a base coat on the balloon.
Jeremy

Erick came over and did laundry and doodled, too, while Cale pretended not to be interested in helping me make my costume ;) I'll suck him into it, yet.
Erick

No comments: