Monday, March 15, 2010

Wake Up Call

Cedarburg Ride

Last weekend Cale and I went out on a ride up in Cedarburg with a bunch of guys from the team. Guys who, as it turns out, have been training all winter. Unlike Cale and I. For the first time in a long time, I was the slowest person on the ride. It didn't feel good, that's for sure. Cale and I were both fading hard, and I basically had to be towed back during the fourth and final hour.

This episode has encouraged me to get my ass in gear. Apparently lifting weights once a week and going on six mile snow bike rides bi-weekly just doesn't cut it? Since then I've done something pretty much every day. A short run (to try to outpace my shame), squats workout, hour+ trainer rides. It's not much, I guess, but it's better than doing nothing.

In other news, Cale won the Chili Cook Off at work. That's my boyfriend! I'll have you know I helped, though. I took it to work and heated it up and everything. Without me, the prize winning chili would have been an undiscovered nobody sitting in our fridge.

It was a good time, the whole day had a sense of occasion to it. Which Wednesdays don't exactly exude every week, you know?

Chili Cook Off

Brake fluid humor:
Hot Sauces

No comments: