Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Full-Time Employment

(Not to be confused with funemployment.) So, big news that some of you may not know, I went from freelancing for Hayes to becoming a full-time employee. That means that I no longer work from home but up at Hayes Bicycle Group up in Mequon, and in a snappy little cubicle!

Office! Cubicle!

Yesterday was my first day, and it was sadly much like a first day of a new class. All sorts of exciting paperwork for a few solid hours. And I was starving! After about a year of padding over to the fridge and eating whenever I wanted, four whole hours, foodless?! Luckily all was well in the afternoon (after LUNCH!), HR released me and I got to move into my desk and work a little bit.

Well, more later! Also in the news, training is coming along after a few weeks of rebellion.

5 comments:

The Shed Master said...

Cubicle? Pfffffftttttt! I got me a corner office with a window. Just shows where you rank.

Tim said...

She's got an Aeron chair. You've got a lawn chair. The main reason you've got an officer to yourself is they get to lock you in it...

The Shed Master said...

I didn't get a chair. I sit on a pile of old boxes.

d*pow said...

does this mean they'll pay you to go to interbike this year? sweet. nicely done katie.

Snacks said...

This was just confirmed today- I do indeed get a ticket to Interbike! Will we be seeing you there?