Sunday, July 22, 2012

Arrived in Connecticut

As the POD with most of my belongings was pulling away from the house, I thought to myself, "Wow, I'm really moving to Connecticut."

On the drive up I thought to myself, "Wow, I'm moving to a place I've visited once for less than a day."

We live in strange times.

Saturday was spent frantically packing, and today was spent driving around 12 hrs solo (that's 13.5 hrs moving time, mind you) with a yowl-y cat and a yellow fish (and all sorts of terrible material possessions) up to Danbury, where I'll be living temporarily in the extended-stay Marriot while I look for a place to live. Snips has had a rough couple of days, but he seems to understand that it's over for the time being, and is nearly as chill as ever tonight.

The Panther Rests

That, or he's exhausted himself. Perhaps.

Tomorrow I explore the town and possibly look at some apartments, and on Tuesday I go in for my first day of work! I'll be sure to take a picture of my Big First Day outfit :)

No comments: