Sunday, February 28, 2010

Squid Fishing and Riding

I figured that I should put up some photos from squid fishing when we were out in California.

Cale with Nick's Squid

When they were brought on deck, they changed colors from dark red to white really quickly. It kind of looked like they were malfunctioning.

Nick's Squid

Here's me with my first squid of the night. Also, the guy who helped me reminded me of the guy from Coldplay. Anyone?

One of the first squids of the night.

At the end of the night, there was much squid to be had.

Bags of Squid

Here we are, frying up some tasty squid. And by 'we' I mean the chefs that fixed my dinner every night. Tout de suite!

Calamari

Calamari

Without further fanfare, here are some photos of the riding.

Cale Descending

IMG_3002

Me

Very Steep Climbing

Here are Cale and Nick at Stone Brewery, where we waited for a looong time for a table but had a very nice meal. It was such a cool place, waiting around was no big deal.

Stone Brewery

Hiking at Torrey Pines.

Cale

Torrey Pines

Did I happen to mention we did a lot of reading pool-side and soaking in the hot tub? Well it happened here! Yes, it's as good as it looks.

IMG_4061

No comments: