Saturday, February 23, 2013

Let me tell you...

Let me tell you a little story about this cat.

Photo on 1-28-13 at 11.18 PM

It needs a little background first. I live in a second story apartment of a house. Not one two or three but FOUR college guys live below me. In the backyard there's a small attached kind-of mother-in-law's apartment. (This place sounds like a nuthouse typed out like this.) Whenever I see my downstairs neighbors, they tend to have something to report on Snips. Word on the streets is that once the weather started getting colder, Snips would just saunter into their apartments and hang out for a while. The neighbor in the small apartment, J, even got in the habit of letting Snips out of his house when I got home, so the cat could pretend to be coming back from a day of vigorous exercise outdoors. I've never asked, but these days I assume they've purchased cat food and who knows, maybe even treats and toys for this little leech.

That's been going on for a while, but the latest was quite funny. J works at the hospital, and he chose his apartment largely because it's so close to work. Well, a lot of his coworkers live around here, too. I have no idea how the conversation came about, but he was talking to a woman at work and she started to describe a charming black and white cat that likes to stop by her house sometimes... yep. I don't know just how many people Snips is rotating though, but he seems to have a few families around here that he stops by to visit.

I don't know what to tell you. He's an opportunistic cat. I'm just glad he deigns to live with me on a full-time basis.

No comments: