Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Introducing Kathy

At the office there's a bike room where people can park their mountain bike, or their bike that they commute on. It was recently reorganized and people were assigned one spot apiece, to keep the bikes from piling up. How does one know what spot is theirs? I'm glad you asked. They get a little piece of paper taped to the wall with their name on it. Or, if you're me, you get a piece of paper with something resembling your name on it. Mine says not 'Katy Steudel' but 'Kathy Steadel'.

I actually get called Kathy quite a bit. People just read an 'h' in there. This particular combo is one of the best I'd seen, however, and it reminded me of an older woman's name. And so my alter ego Kathy Steadel was born. This is one hip mom-type. I've been waiting to break her out, and this past weekend at a holiday party was as good a time as any.

I also made some very, very special shirts for a friend an I out of some knock-off Twilight fabric. I added the present and the Santa hat, but believe it or not that fabric is a real thing.

kathy_2

This is a photo my friend Lindsay titled 'A Very Candid Kathy'. (Although I usually pose for photos with my mouth agape, so it's kind of hard to tell it's candid.)

kathy

Yes, those are velvet pants. I know. I'm sorry your mom isn't as cool as Kathy, too.

No comments: