Thursday, August 5, 2010

...

Eurobike crunch time is upon us. This week I started working some late hours at work on HBG's product catalog so it'll be ready in time for Eurobike. It's so hectic every year, but it always seems to be worth it. Hopefully this year, like last year, I'll pull off something I'm satisfied with and proud of.

So, sorry I haven't been updating often lately, but it's been a week of getting home around 7:00, then hopping back on the computer to finish up the Team Pegasus kit design for the elite cyclocross team. Computer, computer, computer! This evening when I got home, I was headed inside to get back to it. I glanced up at the sky and walked a few more steps toward the door. I stopped and turned around, though. I remembered one of my high school English teacher's favorite quotes, from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

So I stood and looked. And I felt the perfect lazy breeze and the warm temperature, and I squinted a little in the sunlight. Sanguine. For those moments I felt sanguine. Then I dug around for a camera, shot you this lovely photo, and reluctantly went inside, back to my cruel mistress, the PowerBook.

Rays

I'm guilty of looking too far ahead sometimes, I think. Wanting and wishing for what's next and not fully enjoying what's right in front of me, whether it be for a moment, or a day, or a summer.

This is your friendly local blogger waxing poetic about a mediocre sunset seen from an alley and reminding you...

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

2 comments:

Dano said...

I use that quote quite often. Live life like Ferris.

Unknown said...

Today we saw a double rainbow!