Sunday, April 15, 2012

DuPont SundayFunday

When I took my Pugsley into Youngblood's to get some replacement bolts for the ones that had worked their way off of my crank, my mechanic friend Aaron got the gleam in his eye, and I think we both knew he had to ride it. He had never seen a Pugsley in real life and was excited to try it out. I thought it was a great way of handicapping my faster friend. Aaron, his friend Linden and I puttered on down to DuPont in Aaron's excellent old truck.

Look at it! We were all squished in, and you have to have the windows rolled down so you don't get smothered by fumes. It's wonderful.

THE TRUCK

It was a great day out on the trails. The hills are more rolling, like good old Wisconsin. One of the first things we saw was one of the cemeteries, Thomas Cemetery.

Thomas Cemetery

Creepy/cool sign.

Thomas Cemetery

There was a lot of this.

Aaron and Linden

And a lot of Pugsley-induced smiles from Aaron and other cyclists, hikers and horseback riders we passed.

Aaron & Pugsley

We stuck to singletrack most of the time but hit the fire roads, too.

Aaron and Linden

I remember this cobblestone section from one of my first visits to North Carolina.

Aaron & Pugsley

To end the ride, 'for dessert', we hit the skills course by the parking lot.

Aaron and Linden

I wasn't brave enough to try this circular skinny, as my derailleur is already hanging onto life by a thread, and you have to hop your rear wheel a bit to make the curve. Kudos to the guys for getting it.

Aaron

Aaron & Pugsley

Linden

It's spring, I'm exploring, I love it!

No comments: