Sunday, April 25, 2010

Rainy Weekend

Danger Ranger update: The Wednesday right after the flat tire, the brake lines started leaking. The day after getting it back from being fixed, the idler pulley seized and the serpentine belt fell off and all hell broke loose. The check engine light and battery light went on, power steering went out and was leaking everywhere and the engine got overheated. It turned out to be a cheap fix, but that was the final straw for me. I want a newer, reliable vehicle, so I'm on the lookout.

Next time, I use the tire iron for more than changing your many flats, Ranger.
Cale, Truck Repairs

In other news, I'm getting rid of my Powertap wheel set. It's a new wireless hub, which is great and all, but I don't have the computer for it. For the NC trip I borrowed Cale's Garmin and mined the data, but before and since then it's just been a heavy hub. I'm not keen on training with power this year, so I don't have a use for it.

If anyone's interested, let me know. Here are the stats: Powertap Elite+ (wireless) wheelset, for all your Powertapping needs. $700. Hub has been ridden less than a dozen times this Spring, MSRP is $999. Rims are SUNringlé 24 hole Venus laced with Wheelsmith spokes. Front hub is SUNringlé City Flea. Does not include cassette, tires or computer.

Buy This

This weekend has been awful. Raining and 40 for the majority of it. Yesterday we made the most of it, though, meeting some teammates for lunch, doing a little work on some bikes and making some new vinyl decals. I decided to go in for a haircut in the afternoon, bein' as the last one was about a year ago. I went in and asked for Uma Thurman's cut in Kill Bill 2...



so if you're in the Milwaukee area and you think you see a movie star, look again. Yep. Probably me.

Yesterday we also discovered that the cat's favorite fish, a fat red and turquoise gourami he liked to bat at, had gone belly up. Here Snips is, morose and despondent.

Fish Stalker

So we went to the fish store to stock up.

New Fish

New Fish

We capped the night by going to Aaron's birthday party. Is it just me or was that a busy day for how nasty and rainy it was? It would have been great to spend the weekend riding, but sometimes it's just not in the cards. I think I'm going to head out and do some weightlifting in a while, cuz you know I be up in the gym, just workin' on my fitness.

Like Fergie.



Man, I'm going to be really hard to recognize, what with all the celebrities I resemble.

No comments: